Monday, April 20, 2009

Sandwich Contents - Sliced turkey, melted Brie with mango chutney spread on top.

Kate's Review – This has been one of my favorite sandwiches for a few years so I was definitely excited to share the experience. The mango chutney adds extra sweetness to the turkey and Brie and the warm freshly made bread melts in your mouth. On this particular day the bread was a little harder than usual which made the sandwich more difficult to eat and didn’t WOW me as it usually does. I will still continue to eat it because I know its potential and am chalking this one up to a bad batch of bread. Warning, they don’t have it on their Sunday brunch menu so don’t go in with your hopes up and leave disappointed as I had too on another occasion. Good thing is they have a lot of other good options.


Nicole's Review - I was really looking forward to this sandwich. I love brie and turkey and had fond memories of mango chutney accompanying my dad’s homemade turkey curry. It was a terribly rainy day when we tried this sandwich and I expected it to really warm me up and make me feel all fuzzy inside. Instead, it made me ill. The chutney was too sweet, the bread too dry and the turkey sliced too thick. I really didn’t enjoy it at all and as the day went on it made me feel worse and worse. I was really disappointed that I didn’t like it as much as I expected, but I am eager to go back and try some other things on the menu. I just hope it isn’t as cold in the restaurant next time!


This sandwich was shared with a couple co-workers and Kath who is now a former co-worker. We miss you Kath!

No comments: