Friday, October 23, 2009

Greek Veggie - Atwater's

Sandwich Contents: Two slices of kalamata olive bread, layers of marinated cucumbers, Vidalia onions, tomatoes, green-leaf lettuce, and an olive- and-artichoke-heart tapenade.

Kate’s Review: The Greek veggie is not made the same way at Atwater’s now as it is described in the magazine, so we did our best to have them recreate the original. It was a hybrid of the current and former which probably wasn’t the best idea. Too many strong flavors made the sandwich overwhelming. I think the current version without the tapenade would have been just right, but of course we wanted what was in the magazine. I’ve learned my lesson with modifying, so I’ll go straight off of their menu next time. I give it 3 baguettes with our mistake


Nicole’s Review: Not a fan. It wasn’t terrible, but it certainly wasn’t a favorite. I think the strong flavor of the tapenade (which I don’t love) overwhelmed everything else the sandwich had to offer. In all fairness, I don’t think we had the exact same sandwich that was written up in Baltimore Magazine. The version of the Greek Veggie they now offer is a bit different and although we tried to alter it, I don’t think we actually got the same thing. It was also a few weeks ago and I don’t remember it that clearly! I do remember that it wasn’t a favorite though…I’m glad I got a cup of soup in addition to the sandwich.

No comments: